What is your favorite movie about the environment?

Avatar, hands down.  Aside from the intriguing situation and beautiful scenes and special effects, this movie show’s how, for many people, profit is more important to them than the sanctity of the the environment.

My favorite movie about the environment is Pom Poko. Directed by Isao Takahata, this movie tells the story of shape-shifting raccoons that are losing their home to development in Japan. Even though it is an animated movie, it is really moving and intense in some parts. Desperate to save their home, the raccoons band together and try everything they can think of to convince the humans to not ruin the forest they live in. 

My favorite theatrical green movie is Erin Brockovich. It is about a woman who becomes a paralegal and helps people with a toxic environmental problem. It is very moving, and based on a true story. Erin Brockovich is still working for environmental justice today!

My favorite green documentary is Who Killed the Electric Car. It shows how industries can block environmental progress for their own financial gain.

I have a huge passion for animals and loved watching the documentary called Arctic Tale. The movie captures how walrus pups and polar bear cubs have to swim miles and miles away from home to get some food. This shows how the ice caps are melting in the artic due to global warming. Aniamls are being tested to survive in a world that is changing. Pups and Cubs are drowning becuase they can’t swim far to reach home. The movie shows disturbing environmental issues that would make you teary-eyed. Artic Tale is a great movie, i laughed and cried. I highly recommend it. 

My most favorite movie about the environment is Princess Mononoke. Its a japanese anime film by Hayao Miyazaki. It has many themes, one of them is about the conflict between economic develoment and natural preservation. The characters are really well written, even the talking wolves! The soundtrack is beautiful; I will never get tired of listening to it.

My favorite environmental movie is Gasland, which highlights the dangers of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.