What is your favorite flower?

I love orchids! They are beautiful and unique and come in a huge variety of colors.  It is believed to be the second largest family of flowering plants and they occur in just about any habitat except for glaciers, although a great many of them are in the tropics. 

Orchids have been around quite a long time – an extinct species of stingless bee was found trapped in amber from about 15-20 million years ago with pollen from a previously unknown orchid taxon on it’s wings, and orchids may have even co-existed with the dinosaurs. 

Orchids have many uses including being ground into a powder and used in cooking.  The dried leaves are used to flavour rum on Reunion Island.  Orchids are also used as scents and as flowers for bouquets.  The link below has additional information as well as many pictures.

Roses! They are gorgeous and they are the most popular flower to give on Valentine’s Day! <3

I think tulips are lovely. Contrary to popular belief, they actually originated in what was Persia, not Amsterdam, and are even discussed in the Arabian Nights. Though they’re delicate, I find them very cheerful flowers. Yellow tulips are some of my favourites.

My favorite flower is the gerbera daisy- they’re so vibrant and cheerful:

I love magnolia blossoms, and the ones by my house are getting closer and closer to blooming!