What is your favorite eco-friendly chip brand/company?

5

Answers

Sunchips!  For being both tasty and making their bags fully compostable.  They also have a plant in Modesto, California, which uses solar energy to make its product.

I’d have to say SunChips.  They have a completely compostable/biodegradable bag which is great for the environment.  Even if people don’t recycle the bag, it won’t spend decades in a landfill.  Here is their website that explains more about their commitment to being green and information about their bags: http://www.sunchips.com/

Sun Chips. They are the first company to produce a 100% compostable bag for their product. They created the compostable bags to reduce their impact on the environment and they also give donations to environmental groups to illustrate their involvement with the world.   The chips themselves are made with all natural ingredients including  whole grains. Most chips use many added flavors to enrich their product, but Sun Chips are low in cholesterol and staurated fat.

Sun Chips. They are the first company to produce a 100% compostable bag for their product. The   The chips themselves are made with all natural ingredients including  whole grains. Most chips use many added flavors to enrich their product, but Sun Chips are low in cholesterol and staurated fat.
    [7/28/10 11:21:47 PM] Matt Hudspeth: They created the compostable bags to reduce their impact on the environment and they also give donations to environmental groups to illustrate their involvement with the worl

At the risk of going against the grain, I am a fan of Kettle Chips. They are striving towards a sustainable business while giving me a delicious snack. They have about 600 solar panels on the roof of their main factory, and they are a big used of wind energy as well. They also take the vegetable oil they use and send it off to a bio-diesel plant. And while their packaging is not as compostable as the Sun Chip bags, they are eco-friendly. Plus I think that Kettle Chips taste way better than Sun Chips, but thats beside the point. 

I agree about the Kettle Brand Chips. Their solar panels always impress me! I also enjoy the Lundberg Family Farm Rice Chips. They have quite the history of sustainable farming.