What is your favorite dish or recipe to make that features fruit?

Lemonade & a fruit bowl.

There are a lot more I can’t think of.

This certainly isn’t the most original answer, but for me, it has to be fruit salad. Love the mixture of flavors and colors!

Fruit sorbets are an awesome treat to make. You can use just about any fruits. Also I would suggest adding fruits like apples, or peaches to your green salads they add a completely different flavor dimension.

A toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich. Elvis was onto something good! 

I also love making apple pies with my grandma near Thanksgiving.

On a side note, pineapples are also really good to put in stir-fries.

Pancakes or crepes made from scratch, with strawberries and blueberries and honey inside. To make pancakes or crepes yourself, all you need is eggs, flour, sugar, and some butter, plus baking soda in the case of pancakes. Its really cheap and delicious!

Fruit balls are AMAZING and totally underrated. Here’s how to make them:

• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
    • 2 (15.25 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained and chopped fine
    • 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
    • 3/4 cup chopped almonds
      *You can roll the ball in coconut flakes for a delicious touch!

1. In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, fruit cocktail, and instant pudding mix.
    2. Add 1/4 cup almonds, if desired. 
    3. Shape mixture into a ball, and then roll in the remaining almonds.

Fruit pizza. You take regular sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought) and roll it into a circle. Then you bake it and add cream cheese and whatever berries or fruit you want. 

I always look forward to summer, when fresh fruit is available all the time. I believe fruit should be kept simple: why mess with perfection? My favorite summertime breakfast is sliced strawberries and banannas with chopped walnuts and wheat germ (for texture) sprinkled on top. I mix it all together and usually let it sit for a half hour (until I get to work). So good!

Here’s my favorite apple pie recipe, with no added sugar!

Apple Pie

Monday, February 08, 2010

4:59 PM

• 6 c. peeled apples, cut into small pieces
    • 1/2 can frozen apple juice
    • 2 tbsp. cinnamon
    • Dash of nutmeg
    • 2 tbsp. cornstarch
    • Pie crust
    • Smart Balance

Preheat oven to 350. Heat on stove apple juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cornstarch. Pour over apples. Put in pie crust. Add chunks of smart balance to filling. Cover with top crust and pinch sides closed. Make slits in top crust to ventilate. Bake 40-45 min. until crust is golden brown and juice within bubbles.