What would cause a Japanese Blueberry tree to get dry brown edges on its leaves?

This might be a bacteria that is causing what is called “leaf rust.” It may occur more easily in moister environments, and on newer leaves. The link below goes into greater detail describing the disease, symptoms, spread, and how to treat it. 

This is definitely not leaf rust – the climate here in Henderson, NV is extremely dry and there are no yellow spots on the leaves – the leaves mostly affected are the middle (not the oldest and not the newest) leaves. The leaves are more of a tan – I think most likely sun or wind burn as it begins on the very tips of the leaves and one of the four along the side of our house was affected the most. Could also possibly be a drift of some weed killer a neighbor used would be my guess.