What is the worst type of gun for the environment?

All of them!  Most guns are made out of steel, which has to be mined.  One must consider the effects of steel mining and production, of steel mills.  It’s all linked together!

Not from any real source but my own estimation, I’d say the worst guns for the environment are paintball guns.  The fuel they use is straight-up bonafide carbon dioxide, and the average rate of fire for a paintball gun is much higher than other guns because more of the slow-speed rounds need to be fired to “walk” them onto your target.

Some other possibilities would be military tanks and ships, muzzle-loaders, and the kind that shoots the neutron bullet into the core of a nuclear bomb.

But, as cthomas said, the manufacture of all guns is harmful to the environment.