The top five worst floods not caused by hurricanes:
5. Rapid City, South Dakota (1972) – flash flood
4. Santa Paula, California (1928) – dam collapsed
3. Ohio River (1913) – rain over months, river flooded
2. Mississippi Valley (1937) – heavy rains
1. Johnstown, Pennsylvania (1889) – dam collapsed (first major disaster to be helped by the Red Cross)
As laram posted, the worst flood in the United States is easily the Johnstown, Pennsyvania flood that occurred in 1889. I wanted to share this website with you that is dedicated to the flood and its history: http://www.jaha.org/FloodMuseum/history.html
It’s a comperehensive website that should tell you anything you want to know.
Click here to cancel reply.
Signup for an account and start participating in our site today!
You can also login with your Facebook or Twitter account
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC