What is the worst decision we have made for our environment?

Alot of people would argue that eating meat is one of the worst things we have done for the environment for a number of a reasons.

According to Environmental Defense, if every American skipped one meal of chicken per week and substituted veggies or fruits instead, the CO2 savings would be the same as removing over half-million cars off U.S. roads.

Similarly, the creation of 1lbs of beef, is the equivalent of driving an SUV for 40 miles in terms of greenhouse gas creation.

I would agree, eating meat is a huge mistake that we continue to do, which destroys the environment.

I would also say designing and planning our cities to be car dependant. If all cities and towns were designed to be more walkable, the world would be a greener place.

I would like to voice a little dissent from the above suggestions. I am a vegetarian and I do it equally because of maltreatment of animals and the emissions created from shipping meat but there is a way to eat sustainable AND eat meat. By buying off of local and ethical farmers, transportation costs are cut drastically. I will agree that the industrial agricultural industry is a HUGE problem but there is a way to eat meat and make it more sustainable. I’m agreeing with the problem but not with the solution.