What will we call this generation of greenies?

Whatever we want!  What are some ideas you have? 

There are some folks that refer to younger environmentalists as “Generation Green,” but I think that’s a little vague to catch on.  After all, the first environmentalists in the 60s and 70s could certainly be called “Generation Green,” as well.  Right now the generation born between 1980 and 2000 is referred to as the Millenials, so I supposed if someone is an environmentalist, they could be an ecomillenial…but I’m not sure that’s working for me either.  Suggestions, anyone?

That’s a great question. The problem is that I think this generation also has a large portion of egoists (“generation me”), as well. And certainly self-centered behavior is the antithesis of being truly “green”. For example, are you really green just because you drive a prius but you also have owned 3 ipods, an iphone, and countless other wasteful products?