What will happen when we run out of helium to mine?

Background: I read in another answer that helium “comes from underground gas pools – so any that does escape to the atmosphere is gone forever; some estimates say we will run out within 20-30 years” (http://greenanswers.com/q/183257/pollution-toxins/chemicals/does-escaped-helium-balloons-hurt-environment#194130).

There is no substitute for helium for really cold applications, including (such as I understand it) MRI devices. So unless we can devise some other technology, we have a problem. Hydrogen substitutes for helium in some cases, but of course hydrogen is highly flammable. More info at the link.

Helium has many applications in science, so running out of it could be very devastating. Liquid helium is used as a cooling agent for nuclear reactors and MRI equipment, and its gaseous form is used to pressure fuel tanks in space shuttles. Great potential lies in a rare isotope of the element (helium-3) because scientists are trying to turn it into fuel for fusion reactions; success in this area could provide a “clean, virtually infinite power source.”

The article cited below says that helium-3 is abundant on the Moon. My guess is that once we run out of helium on Earth, we will turn our attention to harvesting it from other planets.