What was the first green app ever invented?

I just can’t find the first green app for iPhone, and I’m hoping that bybumping this question into the recetly answered it might find omeone who can.Bt I would imagine that it’s one ofthe ones not usually marketed as green: the apps that help you calculate gas mileage and avoid traffic jams. By finding faster and shorter rotes for people, these apps cut down on the amount of gas used and th amount of CO2 releaed into the atmosphere. Google maps can often help in a similar way.

See the links below for some other great apps, including some that I’m sure came along later. IPhorest plants a real tree when you add the app, and you can carefor a virtual one at the same time on your phone. Carticipate is a social networking app for people who want to carpool!