What vegetables is vegetable oil made from?



  1. 0 Votes

    There are many different kinds of vegetable oil, from olive oil to canola oil to corn oil.  If it’s labeled as just “vegetable oil,” however, you might want to check the ingredients listing, as it varies from brand to brand. It can be made from only one vegetable or a blend of several. For example, Crisco vegetable oil is made from soybeans.

  2. 0 Votes

    Just an additional bit of information, according to the Institute of Shortening and Edible Oils, approximately 85% of all products just “vegetable oil” is soybean oil. The remaining 15%, as the above poster explains, can often be a mix of any number of other different oils, which must by law be listed in order of presence in the oil.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!