Swelling glass is actually made from glass. It is just a special formula that is designed to soak up contaminants for toxic spills. It is great because it does not absorb water, just the toxins so it will really be a big help in spill clean ups. The company that makes it is called Obsorb, and since it is still in its testing phases the exact formula for how it is made is not public knowledge. They’ve just received a quarter million dollars in funding to continue testing and development of the product.
Good question, aryan. I imagine the particulars of the ingredients and developement process might be kept quiet until the patent goes through, but what the company that produced this product does say about it is that it is is “a stable engineered silica.”
Hope this helps!
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC