What is a something I can learn through a trade school that could get me a green job?

If you go to trade school for plumbing, construction, or electrician work, you can become a green contractor. You could also get training to be a solar panel installer or wind turbine installer. You could also be a weatherization specialist, energy auditor, or consultant.

To add, a lot of community colleges and tech colleges offer solar installation classes that are approved by The North American Board of Certified Practitioners, or NABCEP. This is the highest level of certification a solar installer can get. If you set through one of these classes you will get the certification of knowledge which will then allow you to sit for the stringent test NABCEP offers a couple times a year