What should I do when I spill some oil when changing the oil in my car?

1

Answers

Any oil spill on land or water should be cleaned up for the safety and health of the wildlife around it. If it is on the road, sidewalk, or driveway it is still a good idea to clean it up quickly. There are cleaning products specifically designs for cleaning roadside oil leaks such as road bio or spill magnet. These will absorb the oil and remove it from the asphalt relatively easily, and most importantly, will not cause harm to the environment afterwards. If you do not have these then you could use a powdered laundry detergent to place over the oil. Add a little water and let it sit for several hours before wiping it all off. You could even use kitty litter to absorb up the oil in the same manner. Some have even found that pouring coca-cola over the infected area will also work.