what is the scientific name of the phenomena, when the clouds came between two mountains and fall as a heavy rain?



  1. 0 Votes

    The phenomena you may be searching for is called an inversion.  An inversion is a reversal of typical weather patterns, especially pertaining to certain geographical features such as coastline or valleys.  In a valley, as might be the case in your question, an inversion is observed as warmer air forces the cooler air, clouds, moisture, down onto the valley floor while at just a slightly higher elevation, it may be crystal clear.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!