Essentially, poisoning it and making it collapse from the bottom up.We may not like insects very much, but they’re very important prey for many other animals, like birds or frogs. Well, when we poison insects to death we’re poisoning their food, and making it easier to get at the same time. Dead/dying food makes easy prey, if they’re moving they’re going really slow which is just too good of an opportunity for a hungry frog to take up. The problem is, when the frog takes advantage of eating the weakened insect it too becomes poisoned (or any other animal that preys on the weakened insect).
But they don’t always die directly front the poison, there is another way they die. Scientists did a (not cool, but informative) experiment to see how pesticides affect water with tadpoles. The poisons didn’t really affect the tadpoles, but rather killed the zoo-plankton. Because of the zoo-plankton epidemic, the phytoplankton bloomed (because there wasn’t any zoo-plankton to eat them) which deprived the periphyton, the tadpoles food, of less sunlight killed them, therefore the tadpoles had less food to eat. This is found in the leopard frog, which matures over 9 weeks.
Not only do pesticides ruin the environment they are also affecting the human population negatively. Most of our food is treated with pesticides, and we are ingesting those pesticides. Pesticides are known to cause birth defects and neurological problems. A study done by Chenshueng Lu, showed that conventional diets resulted in high amounts of pesticides in the urine, whereas organic diets resulted in none.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC