What is the process of recycling medication bottles of all types? Is there a specific process for this?

There are millions of these bottles, syringes, and tubing that need to be recycled in a responsible way. And the pills need to be used instead of going into our water supply and landfills. I don’t think the public is aware enough.
I want to do something to change this. How do I get started.

Most states now have a protocol for recycling medicine and unused medical supplies.  If you are looking for a drop of location (or anyone else) you can search earth911.com for medicine or medical supplies along with your city, state or zip code and you will find locations to drop them off. 

As far as helping to increase awareness, perhaps you could put together a flyer and ask local pharmacies to post it in their place of business, so customers know where their nearest location is.

Here is a great article on “The State of Medicine Recycling”.