What percentage of people in the U.S. bring their own shopping bags to the store with them?

According to a recent Care2 poll, the numbers are about tied. 41% of people bring their own bags to the grocery store, while 59% use the store’s bags. However, I wouldn’t judge this poll as completely accurate. For one, Care2 is a special interest group, and the people who frequent that web site are probably those who are most likely to bring their own bags to the grocery store. In addition, there’s no “sometimes” answer. I bring my own bags to the grocery store, but often forget them in the car or don’t bring enough, so I couldn’t answer yes, but not quite “no” either. To get a better idea, some major grocery retailers should start a tally.