What part of a hotel hurts the environment the most?

As a frequent patron of various hotels, what I think would be the most environmentally detrimental aspect of hotels would be the amount of laundry. Every day maids come into rooms and clean beds and bathrooms, removing towels and sheets to wash. This excessive washing leads to the use of lots of water, energy, and harmful laundry chemicals. This is one of the first steps hotels make to reduce their environmental impact, by asking patrons to reuse towels and sheets.

Secondly, I think that energy consumption by patrons is a huge environmental problem. When people stay in hotels, they are careless with energy consumption because they are not paying the bills. Those are the two ways that I think that hotels hurt the environment the most.