What % of orange juice and milk cartons land in Worldwide landfills ? …



  1. 0 Votes

    Less than 1% of the 490,000 tons of milk cartons produced in 2008 were recycled, so the other 99% likely ended up in landfills.  It looks like the difficulty recycling these is due to the fact that they’re coated with wax, and many states don’t offer curbside pickup for recycling of waxy cartons.

    In 2009, 42 million milk cartons were placed in landfills by the Vancouver metro area alone.  That is 4% of cartons being recycled, and 96% ending up in landfills.  This is compared to only 3.5 million (relatively speaking of course) plastic cartons being dumped in landfills.


Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!