President Obama implemented the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act that gave more than $80 billion in clean energy investments, intending to jump start that area of our economy and build on green jobs. On the White House website (http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/energy_and_environment/), this Act is stated as so:
* $11 billion for a bigger, better, and smarter grid that will move renewable energy from the rural places it is produced to the cities where it is mostly used, as well as for 40 million smart meters to be deployed in American homes.
* $5 billion for low-income home weatherization projects.
* $4.5 billion to green federal buildings and cut our energy bill, saving taxpayers billions of dollars.
* $6.3 billion for state and local renewable energy and energy efficiency efforts.
* $600 million in green job training programs – $100 million to expand line worker training programs and $500 million for green workforce training.
* $2 billion in competitive grants to develop the next generation of batteries to store energy.
President Obama also administered a memorandum for household appliance efficiency to the Department of Energy that can be linked to here:
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC