What is the most powerful wave in the world?

3

Answers

If you are talking about ocean waves, tsunamis are the biggest waves. The largest one recorded hit Lituya Bay, Alaska at 1720 feet tall on July 9, 1958.

That is a difficult question to answer. I don’t think that people have been keeping track of wave power. There are other waves that should be noted though: Rogue waves are enormous and usually result from a earthquake (tsunami wave), the highest recorded wave was 1740ft high. There is a wave area off the coast of western Australia called the “Cyclops” that is noted as being one of most dangerous waves. Sorry I couldn’t give you a simple answer.