What is the most important nutrient for our bodies besides water?

Even though water is the most important nutrient our bodies need, nutrients and minerals that we gain from eating vegetables, fruits, fish etc are also important. Calcium, sodium, phosphorus, and potassium are examples of macro minerals that are needed in large amounts. With out these minerals, our bodies would not function properly. Hope this helps!

I wanted to add something in here based on personal experience: you should take vitamins and make sure you are getting all of your necessary nutrients. I found out I have a B12 deficiency and didn’t think much of it all. Later I was in the hospital because I was passing out all the time, and it was because of the lack of B12. I need to get injections every month now! Don’t skimp on any of the nutrients your body needs, because even the ones you don’t think about too often can cause big problems if you don’t have enough of them.

The top five most important nutrients that our bodies need are: vitamin D, magnesium, calcium and iron.

We need vitamin D because it helps us maintain strong bones and helps keep our immunity strong and prevents cancer cells from growing. Magnesium has important roles as well such as: keeping hormone levels leveled, migraines at bay, and to prevent diabetes from forming. Calcium helps build bones and keeps them form becoming weak with age. Iron helps keep our blood strong and to keep us from feeling weak and tired. 

I;m going to argue on behalf of Vitamin C.  Pretty much most of the nutrient or vitamin your body requires is going to have significance, but Vitamin C has a huge role in maintaining the health of your skin, hair and nails AND your immune system.  With all the pollution in the atmosphere, it protects against free radical damage as well.  So all in all…..it’s a defense both internally and externally and keeps you looking good!