What is the most environmentally friendly bottled water?

No mass produced bottle water is environmentally friendly, they all waste water and other resources unnecessarily. It takes more water to produce the bottle than to fill it up, “it takes 1.85 gallons of water to manufacture the plastic for the bottle in the average commercial bottle of water.”

The only environmentally friendly bottled water is getting a renewable bottle of water, like the Klean Kanteen in link two. I have had mine for over a year and never regretted my purchase. The Klean Kanteen is nearly indestructible, I have seen them get run over by cars and survive.

If you drink bottled water to avoid additives and pollutants in the tap water, I recommend getting a good charcoal filter, or even getting bottle water delivered from a company like Arrowhead. Even getting water delivered in the big delivery sized bottles is better for the earth, as those bottles get reused. In short, what matters most is the re-usability of the water bottle.

Aquamantra offers a 100 percent biodegradable-recyclable plastic bottle that recycles and biodegrades within one to five years. Aquamantra uses polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles, which disintegrate into an inert biomass and biogas, through an anaerobic (no oxygen, no light) decomposition.