What is the most efficient way to water the lawn?

Drip irrigation can be very efficient if it is set up correctly. The hoses that are slightly porous are even more effiecient but again require very good placement. Most sprinkler systems waste water and can even damage your lawn if left on too long. The idea is to find the system you can accept. I used a hose attachment sprinkler that allowed me to define exactly where it watered to minimize waste and length of time for the time of year.

Hand water your lawn, is the best way to reduce the amount of water you are using.

Set up an irrigation system with sprayers on a timer.  Make sure that you aren’t over-watering.  You can position sprayers, with 90 degree, 180 degree and 360 degree sprays to ensure that you’re only watering your lawn.