What is the most efficient operating system for a computer?

2

Answers

From a green perspective, I would say Linux.

In all honesty, this is a difficult question to answer. The most efficient operating system for one person will not necessarily equal the most efficient for another. Your ideal operating system truly depends on what you will be utilizing the computer running it for.

There are different operating systems that work best for particular tasks. You want to look for the best operating system that will fit your needs rather than simply looking for “the best” overall. This is probably a question that you will receive a thousand different opinions for.

That being said, I do not believe one operating system will be more efficient than any other if there is no criteria to base it on. I believe this to be true simply because most operating systems on the market today are all produced by companies catering towards different audiences (whether or not they admit it). Narrow down what you will be using your computer for and most companies will be able to effectively point you in the right direction.