What is the most eco-friendly professional sport?

I’ve been thinking about this one and I can’t give you an official answer, but the way I think about it is this: the more equipment or transportation required, the more environmentally friendly the sport.  So to me, running or swimming are probably the best options.  Greenecoservices.com did an article about some of the environmental impacts of sports equipment to give you an idea of what are NOT eco-friendly sports.  Anything that requires a lot of equipment, huge stadiums built just for the sport, or individual transportation to the events will have a higher energy requirement and thus will be worse for the environment.

That being said, all sports can decrease their environmental impact by using sustainably grown/made materials for equipment and uniforms, alternative energy to power their stadiums and arenas, and other adjustments.