What is the most dangerous parasite?

2

Answers

After looking into this, it looks like the most dangerous parasite you are more likely to get is the Tapeworm.  If a human being inadvertently ingests the eggs of an adult Tapeworm (perhaps by eating something contaminated with it as the eggs cannot be seen with the naked eye) this can lead to Neurocysticercosis which is when the Tapeworms increase in numbers and lead to a parasitic infectio of the brain and central nervous system.  It is a leading cause of seizures and epilepsy in the developing world, and is becoming more common in the United States. 

Some of the most dangerous and creepy (in my opinion) parasites in the world don’t affect humans, but it scares me when I imagine what it would be like if similar parasites somehow infected humans one day.

One such paraise is cordycep, a fungus that hijacks the brain of ants and spurs them to climb to the top of of a branch where the cordycep then erupts out of the ants head. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8

Taxoplasma gondii is also a scary one, and it has actually affected humans although its primary host is the rodent. It will act on the brain of rodents to dissolve their fear of cats, allowing the rodent to be captured by cats more easily.

I’ve included a link below to a site showing 10 of the deadliest parasites in the world. Check it out if you’re interested!