The type of grass chosen may vary based on the growing zone, but the most common type of lawn grass used in the United States is Kentucky Bluegrass.
Yes the Kentucky Bluegrass is by far the most popular in the Northeastern, Northwestern, Midwestern, and Mountain regions of the U.S. & Canada. It is best suited for climates that have cold winters and can be mixed with fescues to make it more durable to drought and heat.
Among the Pros for this type of grass are:
– Creates good looking lawns
– Tolerates extreme winters and sunlight
– moderately durable type of grass
– Not drought tolerant
– Slow to germinate
– Doesn’t respond well to shaded areas and wet soils
– Can go dormant during drought
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC