What makes a green job a good job?

Green jobs are good jobs for several reasons. First off, and most importantly, is the sense of accomplishment in going to work for a good cause. Secondly, there is quite a bit of job security in green jobs because it is a rapidly growing industry. As environmental preservation comes to the forefront of American thought and politics, the number of jobs dedicated to the environment continue to increase.

To expand on celiabarenfanger’s excellent answer, I would like to add that there are many types of green jobs, and they all have different benefits. Some jobs are semi-green instead of fully green. Fully green jobs have better working conditions than other jobs (or, if you are telecommuting, you get to pick your own working condidtions). I loved working at a Boy Scout camp because I got to breathe fresh air every day and know that I was helping to reach out to some of America’s future leaders. However, the food could have used some improvement. OK, a lot of improvement.

As with any job, the sense of how “good” it is stands with what the individual considers good. Generally speaking, a good green job is one that allows you to feel accomplished and fulfilled at the end of the day, while still being able to make a decent living. A lot of green jobs are part time or don’t pay that well, but since the industry is growing the demand for these jobs will increase.