What is the longest lasting renewable energy technology?

This is a difficult question to answer.  I am not sure if you are trying to ask which renewable energy technology will stick around the longest or which renewable source has the largest pool we can draw from. 

If your question is the which one will stick around the longest, that is a tough question to answer.  I think solar strategies are still being developed that will allow us to more efficiently harvest the sun’s rays and transform them into usable energy.  Scientists are currently working on paints that can be applied to houses to act as solar panels or solar skins that can be applied to buildings. Since solar energy doesn’t require any more steps for processing like harvesting corn or sea weed to make biofuels, it is also one of the easiest to maintain. This brings me to the second type of answer for this question.  In terms of the renewable energy that has the most unending resources, I would say it has to also be the sun.  Since our sun is reported to be able to shine for at least a few billion more years, I would say this is probablly our most lasting resource and therefore solar panel technology will be our longest lasting renewable energy.