What is the longest cave in the world?

Hi Wilkinson,

Welcome to Green Answers! — Around the same time that I became a responder for this site, I also took on a job writing for Gettingoutside.com, and I’m proud to say that I worked on this page about the world’s longest cave system!  — Mammoth Cave in “the hilly country of south central Kentucky.” Check out the link and feel free to join and post your comments on any of the environmental stories *You could even post your own there… do the internship here at GreenAnswers — if you have what it takes!!?  You have come to the right place if you want to make a difference!

The Mammoth Cave system is the longest cave in the world. It is 367,000 miles in length and is located in Kentucky. 

Mammoth Cave near Cave City, Kentucky as about more than 367 miles (591 km) of passages have been mapped. Mammoth Cave was formed in Mississippian-age limestone rock. The cave is 379 feet (118 m) deep, and contains at least 5 levels of passages.