What is the largest apartment complex in America?

The first apartment complex that came up in my search was the Parkchester complex in NYC — the next to come up was the John Hancock Center in Chicago (100 stories).

Met life recently sold the Peter Cooper Village/Stuyvesant Town — which is classified as the largest apartment complex in Manhattan with over 11,000 units covering 80 acres.

There seem to be a lot of conflicting reports, one website noted that the “Ansonia” is the largest apartment building in the world.  It’s seventeen stories/2500 rooms.

For my money I’d bet on either the Peter Cooper Village or the John Hancock Center.  Probably the Hancock.

The Parkchester, located in the Bronx, NY, spans 121 acres. There are more than 12,000 apartments and more than 100 story buildings. It is comprised of Parkchester North Condominium and South. The Parkchester recently celebrated its 70th Anniversary this past May.