What kind of beauty product should I replace with something green first?

I would suggest hair spray. If you use hairspray then you are causing terrible damage to the ozone layer. Ozone is being depleted by chlorofluorocarbons that are released by aerosol products.

I agree that hairspray would be a good one because it’s one of the most harmful. I would also say, however, that you could look to replace that you use every day, like lotion. Replacing an everyday product will help you see how easy it is to replace other things in your day-to-day life; before you know it, you’ll be on your way to living green!

Here’s a place to buy organic hair styling products: http://www.charlestonnaturally.com/beauty/organic-hair-care.html

And a place to buy organic skin care (including sunscreen, lotion, cleansers, etc.):

I would say that after you do away with hairspray, replace anything that you apply regularly to your skin. Deodorant is an easy thing to replace. Aluminum in some deodorants has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease and basically prevents your body from disposing of toxins. A natural deodorant like Tom’s would be a good replacement.

Hairspray is a good one, as it does do horrible environmental impact. However, I’m most concerned with what is absorbed by your body and what you put on your skin everyday. So I recommend buying an organic or nearly organic foundation. I’ve found a great one in Misessence, however, it’s a little pricey but well worth it for me. Another brand that I’ve heard is great is Simple and Pure.