What kind of grape is best for you?

Try the red and black grapes. Both red and black grapes contain powerful antioxidants and resveratrol, which helps to prevent both the narrowing and hardening of the arteries. Ellagic acid, which has anti-cancer properties, is also contained in grapes. 

I drink red wine almost every day because studies show that about 4-6 ounces of red wine every day can decrease heart disease, prevent cancer, and assist the immune system. Some of the most beneficial red wine grape varities include Pinot Noir (my favorite), Bourdeaux, and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. “Polyphenolic compounds such as flavanoids and polyphenols, concentrated in the red skins of Pinot Noir and other dark grape varietals, are antioxidants that bind free radicals in the body to decrease the generation of oxidized lipids.” Other substances in these grapes balance cholesterol levels, clear out blood vessels, and prevent blood clots. I highly recommend picking up a bottle of California Pinot Noir next time you’re at the store, if you want to be fix your heart or avoid cancer. 🙂