What kind of corn make the largest ears?

While I could not find which corn makes the largest ears, I would have to assume it is dent corn.  The dent corn plant is the largest type, reaching 8 to 15 feet in height. Dent corn is the principal type grown in the United States and is widely used for feed, fodder, and silage.  It would make sense that the dent corn would produce the largest ears of corn if it is the most popular type of corn grown in the U.S.

Jala Maize from Mexico has ears more than 12 inches (30 centimeters) long, making it the type of corn with the longest ears in the world. However, it is only native to Jala, Mexico, and its ears cannot reach full size outside of the area. This is because the local volcano Ceboruco provides the maize with mineral-rich ash that helps it grow.