What is keeping you from becoming a vegetarian?

Nothing, I am a vegetarian. What keeps most people is the desire to eat meat or a sadistic need to harm animals.

I know of a few people who believe they might want to become a vegetarian, but either fear of a lack of nutrition or a lack of menu diversity keeps them from taking the plunge. The truth is I never had as much diversity in my meals as when I began a vegetarian diet.  

I’ve included a link with a helpful guide to becoming a vegetarian.

I was a vegetarian for several years, but I’m not anymore.  I tend to eat meat in small quantities, and (like I do with most of the food I buy) I make an effort to buy local.  I realized, at a certain point, that my problem with eating meat wasn’t actually the meat eating part – it was the overall poor agricultural practices.  Those are certainly not limited to the meat industry.  For me right now, it’s more important to make well-informed eating decisions all around the board than to completely cut meat out of my diet.

I rarely eat meat – maybe three or four times a month.  As terrible as this sounds, I don’t like to limit myself.  Anytime I have tried to go on a diet in the past, I end up just eating more and more because I hate feeling that I can’t do something.  I really don’t like the taste of meat.  When I do eat it, the meat is usually a chicken broth.  Maybe I’m crazy, but the thought of not allowing myself will drive me to want to eat it even more, despite the fact that I don’t like it.