What is the invasive species in the United States that has the worst environmental impact?

Well, depending on the area, some species are worse than others. Locally for me, there has been a battle with a very fast growing seaweed, which is poisonous, spreads quickly, and has no natural predators here, which was probably first dumped into our water by someone getting rid of an aquarium. As a whole, I’d say that types of insects and trees on the second link are the worst, as they are nearly impossible to stop or get rid of without hurting the natural flora and fauna.

Another invasive species of much concern is the Asian Carp in the great lakes. Right now the States of Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan are doing their best to contain the Carp that is killing off many other species.