What is the hottest chili pepper?

3

Answers

The world’s hottest chili pepper is the Naga Jolokia. In 2007 Guinness World Records named it the world’s hottest chili pepper. In my country (Bangladesh) we call this the Naga Morich, and I love to eat these with curried food. They have an amazing smell, and I eat it in tiny tiny portions. Eating the tiniest portion makes my eyes water up and my nose all runny, but the taste is worth it. I love these so much that it has gotten to the point where my parents have to hide these chilli peppers away from me! My grandpa on the other hand can stuff a whole chilli pepper in his mouth and eat it without even making a face. I think that’s pretty amazing.

The Naga Jolokia is the world’s hottest chili pepper. Besides the Jolokia, there is the Dorset Naga, the  Red Savina and many others. The other chili peppers can be found at this website.

So apparently there have been some changes. According to the Guinness World Records, the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T is the newest hottest chili pepper in the world. It actually tests at about 1,463,700 scoville units. However, people are always searching for the next best thing and have recently tested the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend only to find it reaching over 2 million scoville units. So this new chili pepper is giving the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T a run for its crown as the hottest thing in the market today – at least for chillies.

It looks for now the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T is the official winner, however, who knows what the verdict will be this year.