What is Gordon Brown’s environmental record so far?

I don’t know of any organizations that rank international heads of state on their environmental policy. But I do know he was one of the champions of the recent Copenhagen summit. Supporting it, but shortly afterward, rightly acknowledging that it’s not enough and saying a handful of countries held the treaty for ransom. 

In a quote pulled from a Guardian story, he said, “One of the frustrations for me was the lack of a global body with the sole responsibility for environmental stewardship. I believe that in 2010 we will need to look at reforming our international institutions to meet the common challenges we face as an international community.”

I haven’t found any environmental organizations that have criticized his stance or actions on the environment.