What is a good way to reward my kids for recycling?

I think a good way would use some kind of point system…give them a point for each item they recycle, and when they reach a certain number of points they get some kind of special reward or treat. Maybe taking them to the movies, having a pizza night, buying a toy they have really wanted, etc. You can have smaller rewards for smaller number of points and bigger rewards when they finally reach higher goals — after they reach the final goal, you can start over again. What rewards will be effective depends on the kid — personally, I was a nerd, and my mom could only get me to do certain things by promising to buy me books.

The first answer is excellent.

I was going to suggest a chart, and they get a star for each thing they recycle. When the star chart is full, they get a small prize :p