What is a good natural way to get rid of a cough?

When I was a kid, my mom used to give me what she called “hot lemon and honey” to soothe my coughs. It is a mixture of hot water, lemon juice, and honey. You could also mix honey with black pepper and take that- the pepper loosens up mucous while the honey soothes your throat. Drinking red raspberry, honey suckle, or licorice teas also help. There are all sorts of other remedies that range from drinking garlic juice to inhaling mentholated vapor. You can find them at the link below.

A tincture of red clover can be useful for lung complaints, if , of course, you have consulted a doctor or professional herbalist to make sure it is safe for you to take it. It is purported to work by stimulating the cleansing of the blood through, in part, mucus production. It can have an expectorant effect that may help with nagging coughs.

In general honey with some sort of hot liquid, whether it be lemon, tea or just plain hot water will help to ease your throat pain while also increasing your immunity. Honey is a natural antibiotic and also have nutrients which help in immune function. Here are some different home remedies to help ease a nasty cough: http://ezinearticles.com/?Home-Remedies-for-Cough&id=773235.