What is a good eco friendly soap that works well?

Dr. Bronner’s magic soap is pretty great.  The product is made from all organic, fair trade inputs, and it smells awesome.  The soap claims to be all in one toiletry, but I’m not sure you’d actually want to brush your with this stuff.  Dr. Bronner’s comes in bar or liquid form and can be used for household or personal cleaning.

I’m going to agree with andyyeah on this one. Since Dr. Bronner’s is completely natural (the peppermint soap contains: Water, Organic Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxid, Organic Olive Oil*, Mentha Arvensis, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Peppermint Oil*, Citric Acid, and Tocopherol), it’s eco-friendly and the least irritating soap I have found, which means it’s great for people with skin conditions like eczema. Plus, a 32-oz bottle can last one person up to a year if you dilute it 50/50 with water.

I have heard good things about Asparagus Soap.  I have never tried it myself, however I have a few friends who use it and say it works great and smells good.  It doesn’t lather quite like store-bought soap, but as long as it cleans who needs the lather!

Chagrin Valley has some lovely soaps that are all natural and pretty effective.  Their soaps contain ingredients like cocoa butter, coconut oil, and lavender so there are no chemicals or ingredients that you can’t pronounce here!  Check them out: http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/soapbars.htm

Hey there! If you’re talking about soap for your body and face I recommend brands like Arcona, Earth Science, Organic Coconut Oil (found at Wholefoods), Kiss My Face, Everyday Minerals. I’ve used Everyday Minerals before and it’s quite affordable and works pretty well – but I have not tried the full line they offer as their soap selection is quite new.

For dishwasher soaps, check out these brands:

• Life Tree Dish Soap
    • Ecover Dish liquid
    • Method Dish Soap
    • Biopac Dishwashing Liquid

As for laundry detergent soaps, I recommend these:

• Seventh Generation Free & Clear (the best combo of stain-killing and eco-friendly)
    • Biokleen
    • Sun & Earth