What is a good book that I can get that talks about John Muir?

A great and easy read is “A Passion for Nature: The Life of John Muir”. My best friend hiked most of the John Muir Trail one summer and took this book along with her. She felt truly inspired and highly recommends this book. She also mentioned that reading some of his own writings and articles may be beneficial if you are trying to learn more about him.

A Passion For Nature: The Life of John Muir by Donald Worster is a good book, as is Meditations of John Muir Nature’s Temple by Chris Highland. Also, there is a photographer by the name of Eric Valentine who has photographed some great pictures of the John Muir Trail.

“The Young John Muir: An Environmental Biography” by Steven J. Holmes tells about how the man came to be such a prominent figure in the environmental realm.  John Muir also has an autobiography entitled “John Muir: Nature Writings: The Story of My Boyhood and Youth; My First Summer in the Sierra; The Mountains of California; Stickeen; Essays.”

I would also suggest The Wilderness World of John Muir, written by John Muir himself, to gain perspective on the man.