What is going on with the Pickens Plan now? I haven’t heard much about it lately.

In short, bad news. For a couple months now, as the article I read was entitled, “Pickens Plan for Huge Wind Farm Blows Away”.
    “T. Boone Pickens, the conservative Texas oilman who became the unlikely face of energy reform efforts during the 2008 presidential campaign, has announced that he will not move forward with plans to build the world’s largest wind farm in his home state.

Pickens’ company’s spokesman cited “the collapse of the capital markets” and “the steep downturn of natural gas prices” as the reason for the decision, as the Washington Post reports. (Pickens also cited a lack of transmission lines.) The spokesman insisted that “Boone still remains committed and focused on developing wind energy in the United States.” “