What is the freezing and boiling point of a pencil?

Need to know very quickly again please. Thank you to all the people who answer this question!

A pencil has too many components to give a single answer. If this is for a test that does not allow that response, sorry.

As a pencil is already a solid, I wouldn’t see how it could freeze. As for boiling, I can tell you that the graphite will boil at 4,200 degrees Celsius or 7,592 degrees Fahrenheit. The wood of the pencil, however, would not boil.

The melting point and the freezing point are the very nearly the same thing and therefore the freezing point of graphite is between 3652 – 3697 degrees Celsius. I hope this is helpful.

Richard – I’m puzzled. I checked out the allotropes site you suggested but didn’t get it. How can freezing and boiling be nearly the same? Isn’t one posiive and one negative? Thx.

I don’t get it. How can the freezing and boiling oints be nearly the same? Isn’t one positive and one negative? Thx

The freezing and boiling points are not the same thing. I wrote that the freezing and melting points occur same temperature. The freezing point is the temperature at which a material moves from a liquid to a solid state. Whereas the melting point is the point at which a material moves from a solid to a liquid. They are therefore the same temperature. The difference is the direction of the phase change. I hope this clears it up. Sorry for the confusion. Here is a link that explains it further: http://www.wisc-online.com/objects/ViewObject.aspx?ID=GCH4504