What environmental figures have you been most inspired by?

I got to meet Susan Solomon last year, and that was pretty incredible. http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/csd/staff/susan.solomon/
I was always very inspired by Steve Irwin’s enthusiasm as well.

I am very inspired by Jane Goodall and her lifelong commitment to conservation and animal welfare.

Butterfly is the first one who comes to my mind. She sat in a Redwood for a few years to keep it from being cut down. I was most inspired by her speech about refusing paper napkins and other silly disposable things that we just don’t need while traveling. I have a set of re-usable silverware wrapped in a cloth napkin that I like to take with me when I go places.

I’m inspired by the everyday people I know who commit to recycling and disposing of large items in a way that’s good for the environment. I’m inspired by people who care enough to develop new habits. 

I am inspired by Rachel Carson, author of Silent Spring, which sparked the US Environmental Movement in the 1960’s. She was passionate of her work as a biologist and for people’s well being, even when heavily criticized. Wangari Maathai, who was the first African female nobel peace prize winnder, and her work in reforestation and women’s rights was also very inspiring. She changed many deserving people’s lives. My high school AP Environmental Science teacher and AP Biology teacher were very motivating figures in my life. They exposed to me so much great knowledge about our natural world and inspired me to learn more about it in college and to pursue a career in the environmental field. I hope I can make a difference in the world.