What does our body use calcium for?



  1. 0 Votes

    Our bodies use calcium mainly in the development and maintenance of teeth and bones, using a small percentage in the soft tissues of our body.  Calcium also plays a role in blood clots, blood pressure, and nerve transmission.  Intake of calcium is important early on in our lives, needing the most before we are 24 years old, and maintaining a good amount for the rest of our lives, with the exception of pregnant and breast feeding women.

  2. 0 Votes

    Calcium is one of the most important nutrients for our body, especially because it plays such a large role in our bone structure. About 99% of the calcium in our body is found in our bones and teeth, and the other 1% is in the tissues and blood stream. Without the proper amount of calcium, bone development, strength, and density can be extremely compromised throughout all stages of life. It helps control your heart rate, plays an important role in nerve and muscle function, helps with nutrient transportation, and can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Calcium also helps your blood clot properly, without it your body would not naturally be able to heal from a cut.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!