What does IKEA do for the environment?

According to their website, IKEA works to protect the environment by reducing waste and using less materials, using only wood that is harvested from sustainable sources (timber farms), and refusing to use chemicals that are harmful to the environment (CFC, PVC, Azo-dyes).

Also, I live by an IKEA that is certified green in Stoughton, Massachusetts. I know it was the first of its kind with IKEA and their new stores will follow the same guidelines. They have waterless urinals and they buy carbon credits. A theme common at all IKEAs as well is that most of their material is self-assembled so they’re able to stack more furniture and thus ship more. They also have started offering more organic foods in their cafeteria.